Monday, 13 February 2017

PaperArtsy 2017 Topic 2: Masks

For the latest PaperArtsy challenge - Masks - I decided to do an experiment with Infusions.

I like to start my journal pages with a layer of tissue or deli paper. Here, I put a mask on a wet sheet of tissue paper, sprinkled some Infusions on top and sprayed it with water. I used regular paper to blot off the mess on top - getting a great result here too. When I removed the mask, I was left with a very nice pattern.

I glued the tissue paper to my journal page and added some paint across the white edges.

Finally, I stamped the foliage using Lin Brown's ELB04 set and the quote using Words Plate 2 set.

I made several different backgrounds with different masks and stencils.

I got many prints for the price of one - the actual tissue paper (middle), the blot-off paper (left), and also the under paper (right).


  1. I love your project and all of the backgrounds you have made. Lots to use for future projects!!

  2. Wow, that worked out really well ! Fabulous !
    Corrie x

  3. What fabulous Infusion experiments Paula. Great results! X

  4. I did type Pavla, but computer corrected it! 😔

  5. Gorgeous pages Pavla and loved your Infusions experiment. I have to say I think my favourite every time for each print off is the blot off on the left. They are all excellent results though.

    Lesley Xx

  6. I love this! Vibrant & edgy. Cool!

  7. Great technique to get multiple backgrounds all at once!

  8. Awesome spread! Beautiful backgrounds as well, wow!

  9. Fabulous pages and great masking work by infusions.