Thursday 20 October 2016

Documented Life Project™ 2016: AUGUST

Sorry for the lack of updates on my Documented Life Journal progress. I'm pretty much up-to-date with the prompts but I'm seriously behind with my blog posts.

August was slightly less creative for me in general.

August Challenge:
And then again, NO - the power of saying no
I collaged strips of colourful squares from an old Kodak advertisement I had in my stash. Then I stencilled some other squares. Finally, I used the Daler Rowney FW acrylic inks to do some drippage.


Week 32 - Collage your card
I glued down bits of paper and then used Distress paints to add a bit of colour. I kept the background almost monochromatic and flat, because I wanted to handwrite the quote in black.


Week 33 -  Self Portrait / Word of month (Dare2B™)
I made two stencils of my face - I used the first one last year for a similar DLP prompt, and I decided to use the other one for this prompt - along with my personal "word of month" prompt.


Week 34 - Document a Happy Thing
My DLP isn't about "documenting" my life so I did a page about "happiness", whatever that might be...


list TEN™: Places I would like to visit in the past
As a huge fan of archaeology, I have more than 10 places I would like to see in the past - most of them being stone circles during the Stone/Bronze Age. I probably wouldn't survive in that time period, so any potential time travel is out of question - but if I met a certain Time Lord in his Tardis, I would definitely want to go for a ride.


I didn't paint the Tardis - I googled a high-resolution picture on the internet and printed it on a piece of cardstock.

Week 35 -  Highlight your favourite number
I don't have a favourite number, and I wasn't in the mood for figuring out what to do with this prompt, so I made this little pocket assembly using a couple of background starters from my stash and some 2x2 project life cards.


As usual, there's a brief flip-through on my Instagram.



No comments:

Post a Comment