Sunday 15 May 2016

PaperArtsy 2016 Topic 9: Mono Printing

My latest PaperArtsy challenge is inspired by this blog post by Alison Hall. The theme is Mono Printing and I used my (very neglected) Gelli Plate.


I used stamps from two sets - Ellen Vargo's EEV02 and Emma Godfrey's EEG17 - to stamp the paint away from the gelli plate. (sorry for the miserable lighting on the photo)


The stamped images remain white on the print. I liked the background so much, I didn't even want do do anything with it...


Next, stamped the background with the numbers stamp from the Gentleman Plate 4 set and also the Mini 18 alphabet stamp.


Finally, I took the leafy branch stamp from Lin Brown's ELB04 set and a quote from the EEG17 set.

I really love the contrast of the bright colours with the black and also the white in the background. Thanks, Alison, for this wonderful technique!



1 comment: