Sunday 17 January 2016

PaperArtsy 2016 Topic 1: Transparent Art

The first PaperArtsy challenge of the year is all about Transparent Art.



For this challenge, I decided to make a transparent overlay for my journal page. I applied some glitter paste over a sheet of acetate. I stamped some flowers and butterflies from JOFY 32 collection on transparent shrink plastic and glued down the pieces on the acetate sheet using Glossy Accents.


I left a space in the middle for a quote...


The journal page itself is just a colourful background with some stamping - I used various grass stamps from a couple of JOFY collections, and some of Ellen Vargo's stamps.

Initially, I had a background covering the whole sheet of paper. But I wasn't happy with it and decided to cut the page a bit smaller and glue it on the page to create a border.


Note on the journal: I was doing my PaperArtsy challenges in a journal last year. I didn't know what I wanted this year... I spent a considerate amount of time thinking about what challenges and projects I wanted to take part in this year. Unfortunately, I've been a bit off-line for the last couple of weeks - exhausted both physically and mentally. I still am... So in the end I chose a journal with kraft paper. I'm not sure if I'll stick with it, I don't even know if I'll do all the challenges like the last year. Time will tell.







2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the win, your project is fabulous. Love the overlay and the vibrant colours x

    ReplyDelete