Tuesday 1 September 2015

PaperArtsy Theme 16: Circles

The current challenge on PaperArtsy blog is Circles.


This was a bit difficult theme for me. I used circular motifs on several previous pages (here, here, here, here and here) and I think I used up all my creativity in this field... And I just hate to be repeating myself...

I keep various deli/packing/tissue papers with various media on them. Some have inks, some sprays, some are used to clean stencils, some are gelli-plate printed - you name it, I have it.

So I glued one of the papers down on my journal page. I created a bit of noise with my favourite PaperArtsy stamp. (Mini 23)


I added some neon paint circles and dots.


Then I stamped some JOFY flowers (without the stems).


Then I added more noise using my hand-carved rubber stamps. I went a bit crazy - something along the line of Emma Godfrey's Circle Crazy. But I knew I would be covering most of it with gesso....


When I was cutting one of my stencils on the Silhouette machine, I kept the circles to use as masks.


I used a stipple brush to apply white gesso all around the circle masks.


Then I added a dashed line all around the circles.


Finally, I added the quote.



2 comments:

  1. Stunning circles and great technique. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your projects especially the tutorials, it's great to see how people develop their work. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete