Monday 1 June 2015

Documented Life: May

May Theme
Touchy Feely (Texture)

Finally a topic I can relate to - I LOVE texture!

I already mentioned this - some time ago, a friend was going through my journal saying "you almost want to touch it..." and I was like "Oh my, DO touch it, it's meant to be touched!" I just love to run my fingers over the texture of my artwork!



Week 18
Art Challenge:  Fabric
Journal Prompt:  The Fabric of Your Life

I was a bit hesitant to use fabric in my journal as I didn't want to add any unnecessary bulk to it. But then I found a piece of a thin mesh (from a mosquito net) in my stash that could be used.


I glued it down and covered it with gesso. Then I applied some Distress Paints.


I added some acrylic ink drippage and some white splashes.



Week 19
Art Challenge:  Stitching
Journal Prompt:  "All that I'm after is life full of laughter."

I'm not very good at stitching - my mother gave me a sewing machine for my birthday a couple of years ago (a box of chocolates would make me more happy...) but I rarely use it. I fear it, I only have a basic knowledge of what it can do and it petrifies me. Also, I had no idea how to incorporate stitching into my Moleskine notebook (other than glue something stitched into it).


So I cheated and went for false stitching. I found a paper in my stash that had stitching (and various other ribbon/lace/fabric motifs) on it and collaged it into my journal.


Then I added some acrylic paint...


... and some stamping. I carved this mini triangle stamp from a piece of rubber. Love it! It's perfect!



Week 20 
Art Challenge:  Modeling Paste
Journal Prompt:  Rising to the Occasion

Oh, my favourite theme - give me stencils and a jar of modelling paste and I'm happy.


I started with a deli paper that had been used to dry another page with red/orange/yellow Distress Paints on it.


Then I added more paints.


I used black modelling paste through my stencils (I have the same design in two sizes).


Finally, I added some glitter on top of the modelling paste.

Week 21
Art Challenge:  Cheesecloth
Journal Prompt:  Say Cheese

I somehow wanted to draw a face for this challenge. I don't normally do that - as most of the faces I draw look like zombies. But I really love how she turned out. 


There's a gelli printed deli paper in the background. I used a piece of cheesecloth to create a robe of sorts for my girl. I used some sprays and inks to add colour to the cloth. I also used some glitter glue here and there to add a bit of shimmer. The face is drawn with aquarelle pencils.

Week 22
Art Challenge: Textured Paper
Journal Prompt:  I’m so not feeling it!

I'm in a neon mood now - I've always liked bright colour but never neons, so we'll see how long is this "madness" going to last...


I had some left-over embossed pieces of cardstock. I painted them with neon acrylic paints, cut them to small pieces and collaged them all over the page. Then I glued down some die-cut pieces.


Finally, I added purple ink drippage. I like the page but I'm not happy about the layout - the journaling/calendar part isn't really complimenting the page on the left. But once I add the journaling, it might be OK.



1 comment:

  1. These pages are amazing Pavla! Week 20 especially!
    Congratulations on your PaperArtsy guest post, I loved it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete