Monday 18 May 2015

PaperArtsy Theme 9: Words

The new PaperArtsy challenge topic is "Words". I use words in my art regularly, so this one was a piece of cake... Right?


I first stamped some letters all across a piece of tissue paper.


I used the JOFY25 alpha set.


I got some bleeding tissue paper from my dear friend Eileen, so I had to try it immediately.


I wasn't really sure what to do with it so I experimented a bit...


I liked the result - even the under-paper had some nice texture...


I glued the tissue paper on my journal page.


I added some more colours using the Distress Paints. Then I stamped the rectangles from the same JOFY25 set.


I found some ancient foam letters in my stash (I believe they are by Heidi Swapp). I sponged some black acrylic paint on the letters - to get a textured surface.


Then I lightly applied a bit of light pink metallic paint on the letters.


Before gluing down the quote, I added a bit of gold ink drippage. 


2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful. Such great colours and the words really pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made a large letter stamp from the JOFY alphabet! And the bleeding tissue worked a treat ... the soft version is so pretty too! ~ Leandra

    ReplyDelete