First, I glued down some washi tapes and pieces of tissue paper.
Then I went over the background with gesso. Just a light coat.
I sprayed the page with several sprays. I used Adirondack Color Washes and a Prima Color Bloom spray to add a bit of sparkle. I left it to air-dry.
Then I took a baby wipe and wiped the ink off through a sencil.
I dediced I needed flowers for my layout. I stamped some (well, not some... a lot of) flowers from the EDY09 set and then spent an afternoon (and part of an evening) cutting them out.
I coloured the flowers with makers and added glitter glue to some parts.
Before assembling all the elements, I decided to add a bit of gold stencilling to the background.
(If this spray technique seems familiar to you, I blogged about it a couple of days ago here.)