Thursday 21 May 2015

Hand-lettering

I've always loved hand-lettering and calligraphy. But I never had the patience to practise which is crucial for this art. You have to train your hand. Over and over again.
I bought some books, took some online classes, I even have a notebook dedicated to hand-writing practise (it's still empty). But I'm so lazy...

I usually sketch my letters in pencil and then, when I'm satisfied with the layout, I go over it with black pen.

I drew these to go to my minibook which I'm making for one particular project. [secret project]
I think it turned out quite good, though I had to fix some things in Photoshop... the kerning (spacing between letters) and I also write uphill (ignoring the pencil lines).







1 comment:

  1. Love these three pieces. I like calligraphy too! I'm just practicing though.

    ReplyDelete