Tuesday 5 May 2015

Challenge: Inspired by Paige Evans

Last month, my local craft/scrapbook store PaperoAmo had a workshop with Paige Evans in Prague. I didn't attend it because I don't do scrapbook pages but when the girls at PaperoAmo announced a quick challenge, I decided to give it a try. Well, at least the prize (a kit from the workshop) was worth the try...

We had to do a project inspired by the work of Paige Evans. Her pages are so full of colours. I knew I didn't want to do a scrapbook page but some of the ideas could be used in an art journal. We were limited by one condition - we had to use a white background. Now, that was more difficult than not using paints, multi media and texture pastes...


First, I cut the quote from a piece of white cardstock on my Silhouette machine. I attached some colourful washi tapes to another piece of cardstock. I glued the paper with the quote on the washi-covered paper using foam tape. Then I added the central cluster of patterned paper and some wood-cuts (covered with gold embossing powder).

Unfortunately, I didn't win anything, but I really love my page and I'm glad I discovered some new techniques.
(You can see all the entries here.)


No comments:

Post a Comment