Sunday 2 September 2012

Defeats and victories

This page started badly – with a distress inks background that wouldn't blend  the way I wanted. I kept adding more ink and ended up with a solid dark green background and a brick wall in one corner. The wall was supposed to have a graffiti-like inscription but it just didn't look right. So I decided to rework it. Out of sheer frustration, I added some washi tapes. It looks presentable now, but I'm not entirely happy with it. 
 [quote by F. Scott Fitzgerald]

This page looked like another failure before it transformed itself into one of my favourite pages. I painted the background and I didn't know what to do next. I set it aside and for a couple of days – and then, out of the blue, an inspiration came. I thought of Donna Downey and her India ink doodles and those flowers quite literally materialized in my head. 
Why "success"? I won a challenge and I was elated! 
 [quote by David Frost]

No comments:

Post a Comment